Reset Forgotten Windows 10 Password – Hiren’s BootCD
What if you lost your Windows 10 password? Is the password isn’t working anymore after upgrading to Windows 10?
With this tutorial, we’ll explain to you how you can reset a forgotten Windows 10 password by using the famous rescue CD “Hiren’s BootCD”, Hiren’s Boot CD got all the diagnostic, repair, and recovery tools that you need on one convenient bootable disc.
Reset Forgotten Windows 10 Password with Hiren’s BootCD
1. First, download the CD image from its official website from HERE.
2. Burn the ISO file to a Disc or USB-Disk
3. Boot windows from the Disc or USB.
4. Once you boot Hiren CD, it will display like below, and go down and select “Offline NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 Password Changer” and press Enter.
5. Press “Enter” when you see the boot prompt.
6. On this step, the screen will display all your partitions, you have to select the partition where the Windows installed on, in my virtual box below we are seeing that the partition with “500 MB” is the boot partition, and sure the big one is the Windows partition, so I select the second one.
7. It will ask to confirm the registry path “windows/system32/config”, this is the correct path for the default registry, confirm it and press Enter.
8. Make your choice, and select “Password reset [sam system security]” that’s the default choice that will help you to reset your Windows password.
9. Select the default selection “Edit user data and passwords”, and press Enter.
10. Then all your accounts will be displayed, write the username that you want to reset his/her password.
11. To clear the password of the selected user account type “1” and press Enter.
12. On the final step, type “!” and press Enter, to exit the user editor menu, then “Q” to exit the Hiren boot cd.
After following this tutorial you should be able to know how you can reset any user account of any windows by using Hirenboot-CD, if you have any inquiry regarding this tutorial please comment with it below and I shall try to reply you ASAP.