Restoring the HP laptop to factory defaults will permanently remove all personal files, any programs you have installed, and will return the laptop to factory settings.
The Factory Reset option returns your laptop to the condition it was in at the time of purchase.
This tutorial will walk you thru restoring to factory setting using the Recovery Manager.
0. Back up your files.
1. Connect the computer to the AC power adapter.
2. Turn on the laptop computer, tap repeatedly the “F11” key while it is booting up and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
3. On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot.
4. On the Troubleshoot screen select Recovery Manager. The recovery manager will use the HP recovery.
5. In the recovery manager select System Recovery.
Note: If you haven’t backed up your files you still have a chance to back up. The recovery manager gives you that option while restoring, just choose Backup your files when prompted. then click next. This option is available on some newer models.
6. Wait while Windows resets your computer. This might take awhile, and your computer will restart