Android-based smartphones include two email clients, one for Gmail and one for other types of email servers including Microsoft Exchange, IMAP and POP3.This video tutorial will show you how to set up the built-in email application on the Samsung Galaxy S and HTC to access IMAP emails server for incoming emails, and an SMTP server for outbound email.
- Tap the Home icon
- Tap the Grid icon so you can view all installed applications
- Tap the Email icon
- Enter your Email Address and Password for the account you are setting up and tap Next
- Select the type of account: POP3, IMAP, Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync; select IMAP, as appropriate.
- Enter the Incoming server settings: Username, Password, POP3 server (ex: pop.yourdomiain.com), Port, Security type, and Delete email from server, then tap Done, and then Next.
- Enter the Outgoing server settings: SMTP server (ex: smtp.yourdomain.com), Port, Security type, Require sign-in (check box), Username, and Password, then tap Done, and then Next.
- You can now select Account options: Email checking frequency (30 minutes by default), Send email from this account by default (check box), and Notify me when email arrives (checkbox) make your selections and tap Next.
- Your email account is now set up on your Samsung Galaxy S and HTC.