How to Share a Folder in Windows Server 2012
1. Open server manager and click on file and storage services, then click on shares.
2. In the middle click on the tasks drop-down and click on new share
3. Here you can select different type of shares if you don’t know the difference you can always select them and read the description so you know the difference
4. Ill select the default one SMB share quick and then click on next.
5. I can select an entire volume to be shared or the specific folder. to select a folder checkmark to the custom path in the browse for folder.
6. If you dont have a folder created click on new tab on top to create a new folder rename press enter then select the folder. very simple.