This article will show you how to upload ISO images to VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6 (ESXi 6 ) datastore using the vSphere Client.
1. Connect to the VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6 using the vSphere Client.
2. Once connected, click on the Inventory icon.
3. Navigate to Configuration tab and Select Storage on the left under Hardware. Right Click the datastore name and select Browse Datastore from the drop down.
4. I would recommend you create a folder called “ISO or Images” to organize your ISO image files. Select the root folder and click on Create A New Folder icon, on the top bar.
5. Create a folder named ISO in the datastore and Click OK
6. The ISO folder will be shown in the datastore, select it and click on the upload icon on the top bar and click on “Upload File” from the drop down.
7. Browse to the location of the stored ISO image file on your computers, in my example, I have stored the ISO image file, in my downloads folder.
8. Select Yes to the upload pop up warning.
9. The ISO image file “Ubuntu 14.04” in this case will be uploaded to the datastore, to the folder we created called ISO. This can take few minutes depending on the speed and connection to the VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6 (ESXi 6) host server.
Once done, you would have successfully uploaded an ISO image file the the datastore for daster access and installation.