Manage your Yahoo Mail using the Microsoft Outlook 2016 and 2013 email client. Just use these steps to set it up via IMAP.
The advantage of using outlook client is that it eliminates jumping arround from site to site to access your emails you can consolidate all your emails in just one location which is Microsoft Outlook in this case.
1. Login to your Yahoo Mail account via a web browser. Click on the gear icon on the top-right corner, then choose “Account Info“ from the drop down menu.
2. From the left pane Select “Account Security”. Then on the right Enable “Allow apps that use less secure sign in”.
3. Open Outlook 2016 / 2013 and go to File tab.
4. Then, click Add Account, slightly above the Account Settings button.
5. Check mark “Manual setup or additional server types“.
6. Then in the Choose your account type select POP or IMAP
7. Add your user information and for server information,
8. Account type: IMAP from the drop-down.
9. Incoming mail server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
10. Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com
11. Then add your yahoo logon information as shown below:
12. Go to More settings and select the Outgoing server tab.
13. Check box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and select the radio button next to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
14. In the same window go to the Advanced tab and change it to the following:
a. Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
b. Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
c. Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
d. Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
Click OK when finished.
Click Next. If you’ve entered everything correctly, both tasks “sending and receiving” will be completed successfully a green check mark will notify you and you can close the window and again click Next.
You’re all set!!! Now you can check your emails through Outlook.