How to Enable Push Notifications – WordPress
WordPress Push notifications alert your visitors when new content is published, converting them to regular and loyal readers. It’s like a newsletter, but so much more effective. Keep your audience engaged.
Push notifications are a great way to direct traffic to your website. Push notifications help to build interest among new and regular visitors. In this step by step tutorial, you will learn how to enable push notifications in WordPress using a free plugin called ‘OneSignal Push Notifications’.
Enable Push Notifications
1. Log into your WordPress dashboard. Under ‘Add New’ plugin, search and install ‘OneSignal’ as shown in the image below:
2. Go to https://onesignal.com and Sign Up by hitting the button as illustrated below:
3. On your new account, create a new application by clicking on the ‘ADD APP’ button as shown below:
4. Give your new app a name then hit the ‘ADD APP’ button as shown in the image below:
5. Choose the platform you want to configure. For this tutorial, we will configure the Web Push as shown below:
6. Select ‘WordPress Plugin or Website Builder’ then choose ‘WordPress’ as shown below:
7. You now need to provide a site name and your website’s URL. The URL should be preceded by ‘http://’ or ‘https://’. You also need to tick the switch beside ‘My site is not fully HTTPS’ if your website does not fully support ‘HTTPS’. Click on ‘Save’ to save your new settings.
8. Your new credentials to configure your WordPress plugin. Keep the browser tab open because you will need the credentials to configure your WordPress website.
9. Go back to your WordPress dashboard and hit ‘OneSignal Push’ on the left panel as shown below. Copy and paste your OneSignal account credentials derived in Step 8 as shown below then click on ‘Save’ at the bottom to save your changes.
10. Access your website to test if your Push notification setup is working. If you followed all the instructions, you should see the push notification as shown below:
You have successfully enabled WordPress push notification. If this tutorial was helpful, please drop a comment below.