You may want to access user data such as emails or files when they leave your organization to back up their data or to give access to a new user.
In this tutorial, we are going to learn on how to access and back up data stored in OneDrive, emails and on how to give access to a new user.
How to backup emails of a former user using Outlook
Emails, contacts, calendars, and tasks of the former user can be transferred to a new user by exporting it as an Outlook Data File.
1. First login to Microsoft Admin Center and reset the old user’s password
2. Add the account to your Outlook.
3. After adding the account. Go to File.
4. Click on Open & Export and then choose Import/Export.
5. On the Import and Export Wizard, choose Export to a file option and then Click Next.
6. On Export to a file option, Choose Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.
7. Confirm the account that you would want to export by clicking on the account name or email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org . To export all mailbox data, tick on Include subfolders then click Next.
8. Browse to the folder location where you would want to save the Outlook Data File, provide the file name and then click Finish.
Outlook will begin exporting the mailbox. You may choose to protect the file with a password for added security, provide and verify the password in the Outlook Data File Password box.