If you have a netbook and would like to upgrade it to Windows 7, you may be wondering how to do it without a DVD Drive. Today I’ll show you how to install Windows 7 from a USB flash drive. To follow this tutorial you need to Download WintoFlash.
Requirements to create bootable Windows 7 USB:
- Windows 7 or Vista ISO or Disk
- Pen drive/Usb Drive with 4GB or Higher. (2 GB is sufficient for XP)
- 15 Minutes of your time.
- Insert your USB flash/pen drive to your system and backup all the data from the USB as your USB drive will be formatted during the process.
- Now download WinToFlash tool.
- Run the tool, and browse to your Windows 7, Vista, or XP DVD files (make sure that your USB drive letter is correct).
Installing Windows 7 from a flash drive is the same as installing it from a DVD. Nowadays there is no work setting up your flash drive so it becomes a bootable with your preferred Operating System.
Advantages of Bootable USB sticks
There are some advantages of a Bootable USB flash drives over CDs/DVDs:
- Faster installation than using a CD/DVD.
- Don’t need an optical drive if is broken.
- You can carry around a fully functional operating system on your keyring
- Data can be still be stored on the flash drive while on Live CDs you can’t