Quickly Change Screen Resolution in Windows 7
1. Right-click an empty spot on your desktop and select “Screen Resolution” (now was it that hard, Vista UI designers? Was it indeed that hard?)
2. In the Control Panel’Appearance and Personalization’Display’Screen Resolution window, click on the “Resolution” drop-down list.
3. you can slide the slider up and down to the right resolution, and you can even place it between stops to customize it to whatever resolution you want
4. When satisfied, click out of the slider and click Ok.
5. Accept the new settings, or cancel to revert to the previous settings.