Disable or Delete Internet Explorer from Windows 7
To uninstall Internet Explorer 8 or 9, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, then click Control Panel.
2. Click Programs and Features.
3. In the Task pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.
4. In the list of windows features, click to clear the check box next to Internet Explorer 8.
5. You will get a confirmation box when you uncheck it saying it may affect other Windows features.all it means is everything that use to open in IE will now open in your new default browser.
6. In this window, click Yes to the warning message.
The system restarts after Internet Explorer 8 or 9 is uninstalled. if not restart the System manually.