We all know that Google Chrome extensions can be easily deleted. But what if for some unknown reason you can’t deleted Chrome Extensions the normal way? it has happen more than you might think.
There are malicious extensions out there that can bombard you with advertisement and they are not easily removed, in some cases you can’t remove them.
I’ll show you how you can easily force delete Chrome Extensions in case it cant be deleted normally.
1. Go to to control panel, then folder options.
2. Here select View tab and check mark Show hidden files, folders, and drives and apply changes.
3. After these files are turned on then go to chrome extensions by clicking no wrench menu > tools > extensions.
4. At the extensions you need to check Developer mode to enable it and need to remember the id of the extension you want to delete for later use.
5. Then you need to go to this directory on your computer: C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions (change your username to your computer username) and then in the Extensions folder you need to view the id of the extension you want to delete, find that same number at the location we opened on our computer directory and delete that folder completely.
6. Now your extensions should be deleted.