Installing Windows 10 is straight forward task, This step-by-step guide demonstrates how to do a clean installation of Windows 10 on a computer with one hard drive installed. This process applies for all versions of Windows 10.
Note: The best way to install Windows 10 is to do a clean install.
Before you format and install Windows 10 it is very important that you back up your files and Disable UEFI. you would also need to Change first boot device in BIOS to boot from CD/DVD.
1. Place Windows 10 disc in your cd/dvd drive and re-start your PC.
2. Starting is going to ask you to press any key to boot from the CD/DVD press Enter key on your keyboard. If it doesn’t show you would need to Change First Boot Device in BIOS to Boot From CD/DVD.
3. The next screen select language, time and, keyboard or input method. Choose your required settings and click next to continue.
4. On the next screen Click on “Install now” to install Windows 10.
5. Read the license terms and check mark “I accept license terms”. Then click next to continue.
6. You will be prompted with two options. Upgrade or Custom (Advanced). Since we are doing a clean install we will select Custom (Advanced).
7. If you have a previous Windows operating system installed it would look like the following image:
In our installation we are doing a clean install so you need to delete drive partition so click Drive options (advance).
8. Select the (C:) partitions usually called “Disk 0 Partition 1 System Reserved“ and “Disk 0 Partition 2”click on Delete.
9. A pop up will appear to warn you that the partition might contain recovery files and system files. Confirm the deletion, Click on OK. Not to worry cause the installation will re-create all system files.
10. Do the same with the System Reserved partition. delete it, and click on ok when prompted with the confirmation pop up.
11. Once the partitions have been deleted you should see only one Unallocated disk, choose the unallocated disk and click next to install Windows 10.
12. Windows 10 installation process will start copying all the necessary files to your hard drive as shown on the image below.
13. The computer system will re-boot several times, do not press any key during the boot process so Windows 10 will continue with the installation.
14. After the reboot your computer will be prepared for first use.
15. Select Use Express settings from the Get going fast window.
16. Select I own it and click next.
17. Type the product key that came with Windows 10 and click next. If you do not enter the product key you can still proceed by clicking on Do this later.
18. In the make it yours window if you have a live, msn or hotmail emal account enter the email and password belonging to that account. If you would like to create a local account then click on skip this step.
19. Now enter the name and password of the person who is going to be using this PC, you can just enter the username the password is optional.
20. Windows will now finalize the settings for your computer and restart.
21. After the final restart Windows 10 will start to boot up.
22. If you placed a password in the installation process you’ll be prompted to enter a password at the logon screen. If not then it will take you straight to your desktop.
23. After you have logged on to Windows 10 start using your computer.