To partition a hard drive in Windows XP means to divide the hard drive into parts and make those parts available to Windows XP.
Follow these steps to partition a hard drive in Windows XP:
2. Once installed runEasUS Partition Manager.
3. On the bottom of EasUS main window you’ll find all installed hard drive.
4. Select any Drive you wish to partition including drive C:
5. Right click and Select Re-size/ Move partition.
6. Now grab on the handle to re-size to desire partition size.
Note: Do not go bellow the space used on the Drive.
7. Click OK, then Apply to complete the partition process.
The computer will re-start, partition the drive, and re-start again with the drive already partitioned.