Network Policy Server (NPS) allows you to create and enforce organization-wide network access policies for client health, connection request authentication, and connection request authorization.
In addition, you can use NPS as a Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) proxy to forward connection requests to a server running NPS or other RADIUS servers that you configure in remote RADIUS server groups, NPS allows you to centrally configure and manage network access authentication, authorization, and client health policies with the following three features:
– RADIUS Server
– RADIUS Proxy
– Network Access Protection (NAP) policy server
This tutorial will explain to you how to install and configure Network Policy Server (NPS) on Windows Server 2016, Network Policy Server “NPS” in Windows Server2016 is used to create and enforce network access policies for client health, authentication, and authorization of connection requests, You configure the NPS as a Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) server…. So let’s Installing the Network Policy on Windows Server 2016.
We are going to install Network Policy Server (NPS) by two different ways, let’s start with the first one:
Install Network Policy Server from Server Manager
1. Open Server Manager, and click on “Add roles and features”.
2. Click Next and skip the first page as it’s just text about “Add roles and features”.
3. Make sure that the selection is “Role-based or feature-based installation”.
4. Select your server that you want to install NPS role on it.
5. Check “Network policy and Access services” from the roles list.
6. Once you checked it, the wizard will prompt you to add its features, so click on “Add Features” then Next.
7. Just keep click on “Next” till you reach the confirmation page on this page you will click “Install”.
Now the installation is completed successfully, you just have to reboot your machine.
Install NPS by PowerShell
You can simply install any role by “PowerShell”, let’s figure how you can install NPS role.
1. Open “PowerShell” with your admin account.
2. Run the below command to search for NPS role.
3. As we found our mentioned role we will run the below command to install it.
Install-WindowsFeature -Name npas
4. The last output will inform you that the installation is done successfully.
After this tutorial, you should be able to know how you can install NPS role by two different ways, moreover “AvoidErrors” team will publish some tutorials about you can configure NPS role, if you have any inquiry please comment it below.