How to Disable Homegroup in Windows 7
How to Disable Homegroup in Windows 7. A homegroup makes it easier to share pictures, music, videos, documents, and printers with other people in your homegroup. but many users don’t use this feature of windows 7.
1. Open any folder, right-click on the Homegroup option in the left-hand side, and then choose Change HomeGroup settings.
2. Now click “Leave the homegroup”,in case you are in the HomeGroup.
3. Confirm that you want to leave the homegroup. and click finish once done.
4. Click on the start orb and under programs type services, and click on services from the results.
5. Select any of the services on the right pane and press the “H” key on your keyboard.
6. Find HomeGroup Listener and HomeGroup Provider from the list, and double-click on it.
7. Select Disabled from the Startup type drop-down, and click the Stop button to stop the service. Once you’re done with that, you’ll need to Repeat the process on both HomeGroup Listener and HomeGroup Provider