How to Get Rid of the Windows 10 Activation Watermark
After installing Windows 10 for the first time, you may encounter a watermark at the bottom right corner. The watermark entails the activation status of your Windows operating system. Some users may have acquired Windows 10 without purchasing, therefore, they may not have a valid activation code. This step by step guide will help you to get rid of the Windows 10 watermark.
Editing the Windows Registry
The Windows Registry is a potent tool that can be used to configure many aspects of your Windows operating system. However, you should note that unsupervised alteration of the Windows Registry could potentially cause a fatal error. Therefore, you should follow the steps in this method exactly.
1. Press the ‘Windows Key + R’ to open run. Once open, type ‘regedit’ then hit ‘OK’ to execute.
2. The Windows Registry Editor should open as shown below. You now need to navigate to the path shown below i.e
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > WindowsNT > CurrentVersion > SoftwareProtectionPlatform > Activation
You now need to select “Activation” on the left to open the directory. Ensure you spot the ‘Manual’ file on the right as illustrated below:
3. Double click the ‘Manual’ entry then change the value data to 1 as illustrated below. Hit ‘OK’ to save your changes as shown below.
You now need to restart your computer for your changes to take effect. Your Windows 10 should now be watermark free!
Universal Watermark Disabler
Universal Watermark Disabler (UWD) is free software that quickly gets rid of any watermark on Windows.
1. Open any browser and paste the URL below to get the latest version of Universal Watermark Disabler
Scroll down and click on download “Universal Watermark Disabler”.
2. You need to unzip the downloaded zip file then run the ‘exe’ file. Once you grant the application permission to run, a tab resembling the one illustrated below will open. Hit install as shown below.
3. You now need to hit ‘Yes’ on the prompt box as shown below:
You will be automatically signed out after UWD runs successfully. Once you log in, your watermark should have cleared.
You now know how to clear Windows activation watermarks. Was this guide helpful? Let us know in the comment section below