Disable This device can perform faster Balloon Message in Windows 7
Are you tired of seeing “This Device can perform faster” balloon message pop up when using a legacy device USB. (older flash drive or other device)
I’ll show you what to do to get rid of it once and for all.
1. Go to Start button on the bottom left of the screen-> Control Panel -> System.
2. Click on Device Manager on the top left of the window.
3. There collapse the Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and locate the USB that is causing the message.
4. Right click it select Properties from the drop down.
5. Click on Advanced tab.
6. At the bottom of this window, you can see an option “Tell me if my device can perform faster”. Uncheck the option can close the window. Now on, you will not see the balloon message when you insert the USB drives in Windows 7.