To Set up and access Windows XP VPN Server:
1. Go to Start / Settings / Network Connections
2. Start the New Connection Wizard
3. Click on the Next button
4. Select Set up advanced connection
5. Click on the Next button.
6. Click on Accept incoming connections
7. Click on the Next button
8. At the LPT1 page, skip it and just click on the Next button.
9. Click on Allow virtual private connection
10. Click on the Next button
11. Add user accounts that you want to be able to connect to your WindowsXP computer.
12. Click on the Next button.
13. Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click on Properties
14. Determine how you want the remote computers to get their IP address
15. assign IP addresses to each client. Make sure the IP scheme is the same as on your server.