How to Create a Bootable Ubuntu 12.04 USB Flash Drive
This tutorial will teach you how to make a Ubuntu 12.04 bootable flash drive to work on Windows. You can also use it to repair or recover your Windows PC / recover personal files in case of a computer crash.
1. Put Ubuntu on your flash drive
2. Download UNetbootin application and run it. It doesn’t require installation.
3. Select Ubuntu from the Distribution drop-down box, then 12.04_Live from the Version drop-down box. If you have a 64-bit machine, then select 12.04_Live_x64 for the Version.
4. Click on the dotted button to browse for the Ubuntu 12.04 ISO.
5. At the bottom of the screen, select the drive letter that corresponds to the USB drive where you want to put Ubuntu on. If you select USB Drive in the Type drop-down box, the only drive letters available will be USB flash drives.
6. Click OK and UNetbootin will start creating your Bootable Ubuntu USB.By copying the files from the Ubuntu ISO to your flash drive.
7. Once done copying creating the bootable USB you’re now ready to boot your computer into Ubuntu 12.04!
8. To boot into Ubuntu You will have to set your computer to Boot off of the flash drive.
9. When you successfully boot from the drive you will be prompted with the uNetbootin screen. Here just select try Ubuntu without installing and press enter.