Windows ink Workspace is a package of basic applications and features that come with Windows 10, it includes “Sticky notes, Sketchpad, and the recently used application” In this guide, I will explain step by step how you can simply disable windows ink workspace in Windows 10 by two methods, please follow the below steps to guarantee a successful result.
Disable Windows Ink Workspace through Registry Editor:
1. Search for “Regedit.msc” on your start menu.
2. Right click on “Regedit” to run it with administrator privileges.
3. Navigate between the directories to the path “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft”
4. Right click on “Microsoft” directory, and create a new “DWORD (32 Bit) Value”, just like the below screenshot.
5. Name the new key “AllowWindowsInkWorkspace” and then click Ok.
6. Double click the newly created key and set the value to “0” (ZERO).
7. Restart your computer so the changes take effect.
Disable Windows Ink Workspace by “Group Policy”
1. Press the windows key + R, and run “gpedit.msc”.
2. Navigate to “Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Ink Workspace”.
3. From the right side, double click on “All Windows Ink Workspace”.
4. Make sure to check on “Enable”.
5. Now under options, you can choose to turn “Windows Ink Workspace” on or disabled, select “Disabled” and click Ok.
6. Restart your computer and then your changes will take effect.