Windows 8: Access Control Panel In Its Traditional, Non-Metro UI
Here is how to get faster access to the Control Panel on Windows 8.
1. On the Desktop. Right click the Desktop. Select Personalize.
2. The Personalization window opens. Click Change Desktop Icons.
3. Next, the Desktop Icon Settings screen displays. Check Control Panel and any other icons you want to display on the Desktop. Click OK.
4. Then close out of the Personalization window.
5. Back on the Desktop, you’ll find the Control Panel icon. Just double click the icon to launch Control Panel.