In this tutorial, I will explain step by step how you can disable Internet Explorer 11 automatic update by group policy, Group Policy is a feature of the Microsoft Windows NT family of operating systems that control the working environment of user accounts and computer accounts.
Group Policy provides centralized management and configuration of operating systems, applications, and users, Microsoft distributes Internet Explorer 11 as a high-priority update through Automatic Updates for latest Windows Server, so some organizations require to shut it down or disabling the automatic update of it.
1. From “ServerManager” click on Tools, then click on “Group Policy Management”.
2. Right-click the group policy which linked with your domain controller then click on “Edit”.
3. Expand “Computer Configuration”,”Policies”, right-click “Administrative Tools” and click “Add/Remove Templates”.
4. Click “Add” and select the “ADM” template that you can download from HERE.
The Internet Explorer 11 Blocker Toolkit enables users to disable automatic delivery of Internet Explorer 11 as an important class update via Automatic Updates (AU) feature of Windows Update (WU).
5. After you added the downloaded template expand “Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update > Automatic Updates Blockers v3”.
6. Right-click the only policy there and click “Edit”.
7. This newly added policy gives you the option to disable delivery of Internet Explorer 11 via Automatic Updates. check “Enabled” then click OK.
8. Your final step that you run “gpupdate /force” on all the clients, so the new group policy settings reflect.