How to Scan Documents on Android without a Scanner
We live in a digital world. Almost everyone owns a smartphone, but very few people know how much their smartphones can do.
For iPhones users, especially the latest versions and software updates, scanning documents with a scanner or scanning app is no news. However, for Android users, this may be surprising.
Like iPhones, several androids can now scan documents without using a scanner or downloading a document scanning app. Let me show you how.
How to Scan Documents and Photos on Your Android Using Google Drive
First, launch Google Drive on your Home Screen.
Then, at the lower right side of your screen, tap the multicolored + icon.
Select Scan on the pop-up Create New menu.
After selecting that, your camera will launch. Then, you’d be prompted to grant the Google drive app permission to use your camera. Ensure to do so, then continue following these steps.
If you have granted the app permission before, the camera will automatically launch. However, if you haven’t, the camera will launch immediately you give it permission.
Next, position your document correctly, ensure there’s good lighting and take a picture by tapping the shutter.
Once you do this, Google drive will try to adjust the lighting (if it isn’t sufficient) and crop it.
If you are satisfied, tap the tick/ Checkmark icon. But, if you aren’t, tap the cancel icon (x) to retake the picture.
On the next page, you will find several edit options like:
- Crop: located at the topmost part of the screen. You can crop further if you aren’t satisfied with the outcome.
- Color palette: This will allow you to enhance and adjust the color of your document.
- Re-do: located at the bottom of the screen, this option allows you to retake the picture if you aren’t satisfied.
- Add a Scan: this option is located at the left lower part of the screen and is represented by a plus (+ ) sign. You can scan more documents if you want to.
- Rotate & Rename : You can access these settings by tapping the three vertical dots at your screen’s top-left corner.
Once you finish editing (if you have to), tap the check mark icon to proceed.
Now, tap Save, at the right lower part of your screen.
If you want a different file location, tap “Folder,” then choose your preferred location. You can also change the file name by editing the “Document Title”
That’s it! Your scanned document or Photo will be saved as a PDF file.